Friday, April 29, 2016

WSOP 2015: Don't count Kid Poker out yetNO Deposit bonus $43

I was prepared to let Daniel Negreanu visit his trailer and steam over the past break. We had scheduled this interview last night, but by the point the primary full break happened today, Negreanu's stack had dwindled down below the six million mark, far below the 40 million he hoped to finish the day with.

So, I USED TO BE going to let him burst off and do his thing, but he motioned for me to follow. He was some of the excited I'd seen him all day. He flew down the back hallway of the Rio with reporter Remko Rinkema struggling to maintain pace.

"I'm probably the most awake I HAVE BEEN because the Main Event started," he said to Rinkema. "I'm able to use all of the moves that I got stored up."

Honestly, I wasn't sure if I THOUGHT him, so when Rinkema peeled off, I wondered if Negreanu might send me on my way.

"Walk and talk?" he said.

We bolted out of a locked door into the light where Negreanu spread out his trailer and stepped into the air con. The scoop was at the TV, but Negreanu paid it no mind. He was actually excited to discuss the day he'd had up to now. His way of thinking was far different than I expected.

"I feel pumped up. Every pot presently is so meaningful," he said. "I AM NOT in chill/relax mode. Every person matters. It gets your blood flowing just a little more."

Daniel Negreanu 2015 WSOP EV68 Day 7 Giron 8JG2560.jpg

Negreanu washed his hands and pulled out some tofu and vegetable kabobs. He chewed while he talked. His day thus far had not been the most productive. He'd played and lost a pot worth greater than seven million with pocket eights versus pocket aces. Though it was a tricky spot, he continued to carry on.

"I'm really just mapping out the table and understanding which spots I WILL BE ABLE TO exploit in several ways," he said.

He did not want to elaborate on that, because he knows his opponents are reading. He doesn't plan to present anything away.

We mentioned more--his plans for the remainder of the summer, his health, his "old-fashioned" style play, and Justin "stealthmunk" Schwartz--but those stories should look forward to now. Negreanu is back at his table and seeking to turn five million chips into 40 million and a November Nine berth, and we wish to see what he does next.

Brad Willis is the PokerStars Head of Blogging. Photography by PokerPhotoArchive.com


slotland 1
Read More... [Source: PokerStarsBlog.com :: World Series of Poker]

No comments:

Post a Comment