Friday, August 29, 2014

Allen: "I'd be content with retiring"



Unrestricted free agent and 10-time NBA All-Star Ray Allen has told ESPN he'd be "content" with retiring.

Rumors has been swirling in regards to the 39-year-old joining his former Heat teammate LeBron James in Cleveland for an additional crack at another championship, but Allen doesn't seem to be sold at the idea.

"My family is essential in making the decision," Allen told the Hartford Courant. "Right now, there may be nothing that I HAVE TO do. If I FINALLY decide this will likely be it for me, I'm content with that." Allen has proven he can still be an impact player within the Association within the twilight of his career, averaging 9.6 PPG while shooting 37.5 percent from long range in a bench role for Miami last season.

If that is indeed the tip of the street for Allen - probably the most purest shooters the NBA has ever seen - he'll leave behind him a legacy that speaks for itself, cemented by two NBA championships in 2008 and 2013.

Regardless of his decision, Allen feels like a person who's at peace together with his professional basketball life coming to a detailed. "I've played 18 years, and how I GLANCE at my career, I'm content with everything that I've done."


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: Covers.com: NBA News and Stories]

No comments:

Post a Comment