Sunday, August 31, 2014

Wiggins says he desires to be traded to Minnesota



In a summer dominated by ongoing rumors and speculation, apparently Cleveland Cavaliers Number 1. overall pick Andrew Wiggins isn't suffering from his uncertain basketball future. In fact, in step with Dave Skretta of Yahoo! Sports, he's embracing it.

After it was announced last week the Cavs had reached an agreement with the Minnesota Timberwolves to send Wiggins, Anthony Bennett and a protected 2015 first round pick to the Wolves for All-Star power forward Kevin Love on Aug. 23 - the date Wiggins can officially be traded a month after signing his rookie contract - many of us assumed the Toronto native felt disrespected and unwanted in Ohio. But if Wiggins attended his former Kansas coach Bill Self's basketball camp in Kansas City Sunday, he seemed like a tender man who's greater than content together with his future within the Association.

"When all this trade stuff started, I talked to Andrew and Andrew told me, 'I hope I AM GETTING traded," Self said. "AND I AM like, 'No you don't.' And he said, "Coach, I do. It's better for me, knowing my personality and what I MUST do, to head somewhere where I'm forced to be something versus stepping into there where they'll wait and see with me and i am going to be a piece."

There's certainly no questioning the 19-year-old's confidence, however. Wiggins posted an image of himself on Instagram Saturday with the caption "I’m here to overcome the chances that was set against me, wished the worst luck to anyone who bet against me."


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: Covers.com: NBA News and Stories]

No comments:

Post a Comment