Saturday, December 13, 2014

How I Won Big Playing NBA Daily Fantasy Sports Contests



You can play NBA daily fantasy sports contests nearly every night of the week on both DraftKings and FanDuel.

“Honey, tonight will be the night."

Staying Optimistic Despite Numerous Close Calls

I should have said these words to my wife 100 times or so during the last year and half since I BEGAN playing daily fantasy sports. Any time my players started out hot I MIGHT get home from playing poker and tell her that I ASSUMED I had a shot to finally break through with a large score in DFS. I’d say the words and follow them up with a pair hours of excitedly sweating games. Unfortunately, it didn’t take long to understand that I didn’t have the correct mix of players in my lineup to fasten in a large win. The $27 Crossover contest on DraftKings, for example, offers great value and is lots of fun with a $100,000 prize pool. I'D get with regards to the highest spot, but always fell just a little short.

Guaranteed prize pools (GPPs) in DFS are very similar to multi-table poker tournaments. They’re top heavy and also you simply don’t win them fairly often because everything has to move just about perfectly so that you can pop out on top. Of course, you have to always simultaneously play 50/50s to slowly grow your bankroll while seeking to make the massive score. Once I would tell my wife that this may be the night, I USED TO BE relating to the opportunity of one in every of my lineups being ok to take down one of the crucial GPPs.

Keep in mind, I’m a small-stakes grinder in DFS. That’s how I built a poker bankroll and that’s how I always intended to construct a DFS bankroll. So the speculation of winning even a $5 buy-in tournament that paid $700 or $1,500 to the winner was very alluring to me. Although, it’s not a big sum within the grand scheme of things, the boost to my DFS bankroll could be enormous. The sensation of feat could be even better.

“Honey, tonight’s the night, I WILL feel it.”

Putting All of it Together

This is what I said to my wife last Tuesday night as my NBA teams were looking really expert once I got home around 7:30. She didn't catch the slight difference in what I said. She laughed like she always does and poked fun at me because she thought it was going to finish with me winning $84 and being frustrated that I failed again to land the large score. I had other plans though.

A couple of my players had strong performances earlier within the night and weren't highly owned a few of the field. Also, not one player in my lineup were a dud so far. To top it off, I had three players of my nine-player lineup remaining and there have been only two games left at the night. I USED TO BE already pushing into the highest 25 or so within the 1,000 player fields and that i was within the top 500 of a 57,000+ entry tournament.

The points just kept flowing. All three of my players were having strong performances and that i was climbing the leader boards quickly. My entry fees for the night were $128. The primary time I showed my wife the update screen I USED TO BE winning something like $240. She said “whoop dee doo," but I knew we still had a complete half basketball to be played in two different games, and that i was already in striking distance of the leaders.

A Happy Accident

For NBA DFS I typically enter multiple tournaments but use just one lineup in they all. Earlier within the night I had three different lineups I liked but decided to make use of only two. Sooner or later I NOTICED that my best lineup accidentally had two entries in ‘The Shot’, that's a FanDuel NBA tourney with a $2 buyin and 57,400 or so people. This turned out to be pretty lucky, since that lineup had a possibility to win all of it. I'LL be taking a look at a primary and second-place finish with the similar lineup.

The next time I showed my wife the update screen, it said $450. She still wasn’t excited but I USED TO BE pretty sure if things went even decently we’d begin to see some exponential growth. When it reached $700 after an effortless layup I SPOTTED we were in for a treat and turned the sport directly to watch. Each time one among my guys did anything, a rebound, an assist, anything at all, my winnings would go up. $1,200… $1,800… $2,300… Oh, boy.

Toward the top of the Toronto game, the number had climbed to over $8,800 with about 5 seconds left. Sacramento made a bucket with 1.6 seconds remaining to chop the result in four points. Game over… or so I BELIEVED. But wait, certainly one of my players, Kyle Lowry, caught the in-bounds pass, they usually fouled him! Lowry went up and nailed both free throws like a champion which was enough to net me an additional $4,500!

Finally Getting The massive Score

I ended up winning multiple tournaments that I entered. I also finished second and third place in ‘The Shot’ with the similar lineup to learn $5,996 on my $4 investment in that tournament. All told, I won about $13,500 at the night from a $128 investment. It was completely thrilling watching those games and winning that quantity of cash. It was also extremely satisfying to grasp that every one of the exertions and energy I’ve dedicated to daily fantasy sports over the past year and a half finally ended in me popping out on top.

For about 30 seconds when I showed my wife the overall tally, she stood there, jaw at the floor. You best believe I gloated to her about it some. That night, actually was, THE night!

Find me on Twitter @IanJ300 with any DFS questions.

If you think that you are prepared to play, take a look at our Daily Fantasy Sports page. Card Player readers eligible for deposit bonuses of 100% on among the best DFS sites around.

You can play NBA DFS contest nearly on a daily basis of the week on both DraftKings and FanDuel. For just $2, you'll be able to compete on your share of $50,000 within the Layup contest on DraftKings. Otherwise you can step it as much as a $27 buy-in within the Crossover and score big with a $100,000 prize pool. At FanDuel, $2 gets you entry into the $125,000 Shot contest and $25 gets you a shot at $300,000 within the Super Slam.


TreasureIslandJackpots
Read More... [Source: CardPlayer Poker News]

No comments:

Post a Comment